Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Occurring in, or requiring, the presence of molecular oxygen.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Requiring or occurring in the presence of oxygen, such as a chemical reaction.
Glossary of "Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet (2nd ed.)" by Botkin & Keller (1998)
- Characterized by the presence of free oxygen.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiv + 1616 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Botkin, D. B. & Keller, E. A. 1998. Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet, 2nd ed. -xxxxii + 649 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.