Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- A region of actively dividing cells in the land plants, located at the apex of the thallus, shoot, or root.
Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Region at top of each shoot and root that contains cells that are continually dividing to produce new shoot and root tissue, respectively.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Tissues that undergo mitosis and thereby generate new primary tissues at the shoot and root apices of plants.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.