Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Biological subdivision of the Earth's surface that reflects the ecological and physiognomic character of the vegetation.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Ecosystems with similar climate such as the tropical rain forest biome. Ecosystems in the same biome may contain different communities of species.
Glossary of "Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet (2nd ed.)" by Botkin & Keller (1998)
- A kind of ecosystem. The rain forest is an example of a biome; rain forests occur in many parts of the world but are not all connected with each other.
"Scholastic Children's Encyclopedia" by Scholastic Inc (2004)
- Biome is the scientific term for a community of specific types of plnts and animals that covers a large area of the earth's surface.
- Botkin, D. B. & Keller, E. A. 1998. Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet, 2nd ed. -xxxxii + 649 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Scholastic Inc. 2004. Scholastic Children's Encyclopedia. ix + 710 pp. Scholastic Reference, New York.