Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
Glossary of "Anatomy of Seed Plants (2nd ed.)" by Esau (1977)
- The process of division of a cell as distinguished from the division of the nucleus, or karyokinesis.
Glossary of "Esau's Plant Anatomy (3rd ed.)" by Evert (2006)
- The process of division of a cell as distinguished from the division of the nucleus, or karyokinesis (mitosis).
- Esau, K. 1977. Anatomy of Seed Plants, 2nd ed. xx + 550 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Evert, R. F. 2006. Esau's Plant Anatomy: Meristems, Cells, and Tissues of the Plant Body--Their Structure, Function, and Development, 3rd. ed. -xx + 601 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.