Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Growth, especially in the number of organisms in a population, which is a geometric function of the size of the growing entity: the larger the entity, the faster it grows. (Contrast with logistic growth.)
Glossary of "Evolution (4th ed.)" by Futuyma & Kirkpatrick (2017)
- Nonlinear increase (or decrease) of a property (e.g., body size, population size) over time, described by an exponential equation.
Glossary of "Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet (2nd ed.)" by Botkin & Keller (1998)
- Growth in which the rate of increase is a constant percentage of the current size; that is, the growth occurs at a constant rate per time period. (geometric growth)
- Botkin, D. B. & Keller, E. A. 1998. Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet, 2nd ed. -xxxxii + 649 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Futuyma, D. J. & Kirkpatrick, M. 2017. Evolution, 4th ed. -xviii + 602 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.