Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- The total genetic constitution of an organism.
Glossary of "Evolution (4th ed.)" by Futuyma & Kirkpatrick (2017)
- The entire complement of DNA sequences in a cell or organism. A distinction may be made between the nuclear genome and organelle genomes, such as those of mitochondria and plastids.
- Futuyma, D. J. & Kirkpatrick, M. 2017. Evolution, 4th ed. -xviii + 602 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.