Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- A complementary copy of a short, conserved, flanking region of a region of DNA of interest, used to amplify sequence the DNA.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Strand of nucleic acid, usually RNA, that is the necessary starting material for the synthesis of a new DNA strand, which is synthesized from the 3’ end of the primer.
Glossary of "Cell and Molecular Biology (6th ed.)" by Karp (2010)
- The DNA or RNA strand that provide DNA polymerase with the neccessary 3' OH terminus.
"A Dictionary of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics (2nd ed.)" by Lincoln et al. (1998)
- In molecular biology, a short strand of nucleic acid which provides the starting-point required for the initiation of DNA replication (since no known DNA polymerase can initiate synthesis of a new DNA strand) by elongation in the 5'-to 3'-direction; a polynucleotide hybridized to a template, the elongation of which (by a polymerase) is the necessary initiation step of DNA synthesis.
- Karp, G. 2010. Cell and Molecular Biology: Concepts and Experiments, 6th ed. xviii + 765 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken.
- Lincoln, R., Boxshall, G. & Clark, P. 1998. A Dictionary of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics. ix + 361 pp. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- PCR primers
- UBC primers
- IUPAC/UBMB codes for nucleic acid bases [Nucleotide base codes (IUPAC)]
- Nucleotide base codes