Glossary of "Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet (2nd ed.)" by Botkin & Keller (1998)
- Data that are expressed as numbers or numerical measurements. For example, the wavelengths of specific colors of blue and red light (460 and 650 nanometers, respectively) are quantitative data about the electromagnetic spectrum.
- See also qualitative character
- See also qualitative data
- See also quantitative character
- See also quantitative data
- Botkin, D. B. & Keller, E. A. 1998. Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet, 2nd ed. -xxxxii + 649 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.