Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Events occurring during a required chilling period, leading eventually to flowering.
Glossary of "Botany (2nd ed)" by Moore et al. (1998)
- The induction of flowering by cold.
"A Dictionary of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics (2nd ed.)" by Lincoln et al. (1998)
- A process of thermal induction in plants, in which growth and flowering are promoted by exposure to low temperatures; jarovization, yarovization.
- Lincoln, R., Boxshall, G. & Clark, P. 1998. A Dictionary of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics. ix + 361 pp. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Moore, R., Clark, W. D. & Vodopich, D. S. 1998. Botany, 2nd ed. -xxiv + 918 pp. WCB/McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.