- 接合体, 接合子, 合子（日本語）
Glossary of "Genes V" by Lewin (1994)
- Zygote is produced by fusion of two gametes--that is, it is a fertilized egg.
Glossary of "Botany (2nd ed)" by Moore et al. (1998)
- The diploid cell that is formed by the fusioin of two gametes.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The cell that results from sexual fusion of two gametes, commonly egg and sperm.
Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- A diploid cell that results from the fusion of two haploid cells (egg and sperm) and that ultimately matures into a new sporophyte in the land plants.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- The cell created by the union of two gametes, in which the gamete nuclei are also fused. The earliest stage of the diploid generation.
Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- The diploid cell resulting from the fusion of the male and female gametes.
Glossary of "Evolution (4th ed.)" by Futuyma & Kirkpatrick (2017)
- A single-celled individual formed by the union of gametes. Occasionally used more loosely to refer to an offspring produced by sexual reproduction.
Glossary of "Flora of Okinawa and the Southern Ryukyu Islands" by Walker (1976)
- A body or cell formed by the union of two gamets. 接合体, 接合子, 合子
- Futuyma, D. J. & Kirkpatrick, M. 2017. Evolution, 4th ed. -xviii + 602 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Lewin, B. 1994. Genes V. -xxiv + 1272 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Moore, R., Clark, W. D. & Vodopich, D. S. 1998. Botany, 2nd ed. -xxiv + 918 pp. WCB/McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Walker, E. H. 1976. Flora of Okinawa and the Southern Ryukyu Islands. ix + 1159 pp. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D. C.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.