Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- One of the two types of nitrogenous bases in nucleic acids. Each of the purines-adenine and guanine-pairs with a specific pyrimidine.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- An organic nitrogenous base that gives rise to a group of important derivatives, notably adenine and guanine, that occur in nucleotides and nucleic acids.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- PCR primers for plants and agae
- PCR primers for lichen
- UBC primers
- IUPAC/UBMB codes for nucleic acid bases [Nucleotide base codes (IUPAC)]
- Nucleotide base codes