Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A cellular organelle that functions in protein synthesis.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- A small particle in the cell that is the site of protein synthesis.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Protoplasmic particles that act as the sites for the assembly of amino acids into the polypeptide chains of protein molecules.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.