Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A layer of the plant cell that is secreted outside the plasma membrane.
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Mechanically strong wxtracellular matrix deposited by a cell outside its plasma membrane. Prominent in most plants, bacteria, archaea, algae, and fungi.Not present in most animal cells.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiii + 1268 pp. Garland Science, New York.