Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The outer protective layer of a woody stem or root; generated during secondary growth; consists of cork tissue, cork cambium, and associated parenchyma cells; replaces the primary epidermal tissues generated during primary growth.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- The cork cambium and its derivatives: phelloderm and cork tissue. Svn: outer bark
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- The outer tissue of the secondary plant body, consisting primarily of cork.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Outer protective layers in the stems of woody plants consisting of a corky tissue and an inner secondary cortex layer.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.