Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- In the flower's pistil, the style is the column of tissue between the stigma and the ovary through which the pollen tubes grow.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A stalklike portion of the pistil between the stigma and ovary; may be absent. (gynoecium part)
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- In the angiosperm flower, a column of tissue extending from the tip of the ovary, and bearing the stigma or receptive surface for pollen at its apex.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.