Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Within the cytoplasm, a membrane-enclosed compartment that is associated with other organelles; the Golgi complex is one example.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Small spherical bodies surrounded by a membrane and containing materials to be excreted from cells by exocytosis.
"The Kew Plant Glossary (2nd ed., with some additions)" by Beentje (2020)
- Small bladder or cavity.
- Beentje, H. 2020. The Kew Plant Glossary: An Illustrated Dictionary of Plant Terms, Second Edition, reprinted with some additions. -xii + 184 pp. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.