- 木部, 木質（日本語）
Glossary of "Botany (2nd ed)" by Moore et al. (1998)
- Vascular system specialized for transporting water and dissolved minerals upward in the plant; characterized by the presence of tracheary elements.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Specialized cells that conduct water and minerals in plant vascular systems; dead at maturity.
Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- A tissue composed of tracheary elements plus some parenchyma and sometimes sclerenchyma, functioning in conduction of water and mineral nutrients.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- In vascular plants, the tissue that conducts water and minerals; xylem consists, in various plants, of tracheids, vessel elements, fibers and other highly specialized cells.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Tissue found in vascular plants, the principal function of which is the translocation of water and solutes.
"The Kew Plant Glossary (2nd ed., with some additions)" by Beentje (2020)
- The woody element of the vascular bundle, its basic function is to transport water and some nutrients through the plant.
Glossary of "Flora of Okinawa and the Southern Ryukyu Islands" by Walker (1976)
- The inner one of the two complex anatomical tissues of the vascular system, concerned primarily with upward conduction, the other tissue being the phloem. 木部, 木質
- Beentje, H. 2020. The Kew Plant Glossary: An Illustrated Dictionary of Plant Terms, Second Edition, reprinted with some additions. -xii + 184 pp. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Moore, R., Clark, W. D. & Vodopich, D. S. 1998. Botany, 2nd ed. -xxiv + 918 pp. WCB/McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Walker, E. H. 1976. Flora of Okinawa and the Southern Ryukyu Islands. ix + 1159 pp. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D. C.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.