Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- The pollen-receptive portion of s pistil; may be a discrete structure or a style branch. (gynoecium part)
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- The part of the pistil at the apex of the style that is receptive to pollen, and on which pollen germinates.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- The receptive tip of the carpel, which receives the pollen at pollination and on which the pollen grain germinates.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.